Saturday, September 23, 2006

ten tears

My heart cries in the midnight hours

Mind wilts looking back at the lifeless flowers

And when these autumn leaves start to shower

I release a painful ocean

From my eyes unto the world

Beautiful beings

Sensual encounters

Still as I walk down crowded streets

Where the pavement and the concrete jungle are the only thing that beat

My eyes light up when familiar faces create an image of you

But my heart forever drops when you’re never there

And before it begun I knew it was over

But I cant help but wish we could start over

The old you and the true me

But deep down I know that this existence could not hold us….

Together again

So I write these last words of you in hopes that I can free

My mind, body, and soul of you

Some days your number is still at my finger tips

And moments of passion still reside on my lips

Never forgetting your grip on my hips

But reality states that you left five months short of a year

And here I am still shedding ten tears

  1. for the love longed for from you
  2. for the love that I truly believed was true
  3. for my soul that you once set free
  4. for the dreams that could never be
  5. for the fear that love may defeat my very being
  6. for the pain that I still retain
  7. for every man waiting to love me, that I still compare to you
  8. for my stupidity of denying my sight in hopes of bringing me nearer to you
  9. for the woman that will set your soul free
  10. for loving like a foul, loving a man, who doesn’t truly love you

No comments: