Wednesday, September 20, 2006

dancing in the dark

Dancing in the dark

Alone in an oblivious park

Stepping to the sound of the cool breeze

Swaying my hips along side the lonesome leaves

And as I close my eyes, inhale and breathe

I dare not remind myself that I stand alone amongst the trees

For the stars have put on a show for me

And I dare not give them the impression that I am not pleased

Stepping to the sound of the street

Snapping my fingers to my own beat

Entrenched in rhythm

Beats so deep they become as wondrous as a prism

The street lights light up the walk way

Encouraging me enticing me to lengthen my sway

Soon night will turn to day

And I’ll think to myself I may just have over done my stay

For the world awaits and many faces despise the way I play

So for now I will continue to dance in the dark

Until the world is ready to light up my park

No comments: