Sunday, July 02, 2006

Is there that man?




Is there that man

Im not sure if I believe anymore

Not sure if the intuitive lover exists anymore

Not sure if consistency, reciprocity, real love. Does it exist? Mere contemplation makes me want to draw a fist.

Love making from the inside out

Deep thoughts transcending in silences

Someone who Id wear no robe of secrecy with

The only earthly being I could confide in

Romancing one another spiritually

Glances filled with rich lyrical symphonies

Could there be that man

To love me for me

In quiet moments when I look into his eyes Id see reflections of me

For we would be one in the same

Yet different bodies wed claim

Could there be that man

Ready to show me his love dance

Caress my body and thoughts while in his man stance

Penetrate deep down in my soul

While creating oceans that my panties could not hold

Could there be that man

Who knows unconditional love is a possibility, and chooses to exercise it with me

All trials and tribulations wed encounter were just meant to strengthen our bond

Because he knows the essence of dreams to fruition starts with, I can

Could there be that man

Who shows me his tears

Lets me in on his fears

Mentally strong yet emotionally tender

When he thinks of me his first thoughts arent how could I bend her?

Could there be that man

Who knows perms and extensions arent natural

Long hair fake nails dont matter

That they are all representations of lack of self love imposed by the oppressor

Whos willing to see the beauty in his woman if she chooses to throw away the press and curl

And maybe shave her head or grow some dreads or wear her natural curls

Could there be that man

That knows his and her bodies are temples encasing the soul

Stepping out of the relationship is not a manly goal

Its just contamination of the soul

Thats deteriorating the whole

Faithful and true because he knows it doesnt take a day to realize that the sun is shining

Yet realizes that true love isnt always knocking at his door

Its usually loves imposter Lust that is breaking down his door

Telling him he needs to score

Enticing him to bust and slam every woman to the floor

Could there be that man?

Do you see that man?

An ideal is not what I just explored

Its what separates real men from being societys common corner whores

No comments: